[hibernate-dev] AS7 use of the "hibernate.ejb.resource_scanner" property to override the default org.hibernate.ejb.packaging.Scanner...

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Mar 28 04:38:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

as mentioned in the discussion on IRC I am definitely for a move to jandex.
In fact the current metamodel code I am implementing uses jandex.

Personally I did initially not think about the possibility to share the
jandex
index between AS7 and Hibernate, but it sounds of course like a good idea.
Unfortunately, I don't know so much about the integration layer between AS
and Hibernate, so if we definitely have to summarize/discuss.

One question which comes to my mind is how XML configuration fits into the
picture
here? Sharing a pure annotation repository/inde does not seem to be
enough!?

--Hardy