[hibernate-dev] AS7 use of the "hibernate.ejb.resource_scanner" property to override the default org.hibernate.ejb.packaging.Scanner...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Mar 28 09:36:36 EDT 2011

On 03/28/2011 09:06 AM, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

> On 28 mars 2011, at 14:32, Scott Marlow wrote:
>
>> In the Scanner implementation, I had to resort to loading classes to
>> satisfy the current Scanner implementation.  Perhaps in the next revison
>> to the Scanner interface, we might add a method that doesn't return a
>> Set of Class's but instead just returns the names:
>>
>> public Set<String<?>>  getClassByNamesInJar(URL jartoScan, Set<Class<?
>> extends Annotation>>  annotationsToLookFor)
>>
>> Maybe we could do the same for getPackagesInJar (return a set of package
>> names instead of Packages).
>
> HEM needs the classes, not the string names at this stage.

I might of missed something, but it looked like (HEM trunk) is only
calling getName() on the returned Class or Package.

If I'm correct, perhaps we could return just the names instead of the
classes in a future Hibernate release (deprecate the methods that return
Class/Package and introduce new methods that return class/package names).

Scott