[hibernate-dev] building core from master

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 31 14:07:40 EDT 2011

2011/3/31 Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>:

> On Thursday, March 31, 2011, at 11:52 am, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> On Mar 31, 2011, at 15:28, Steve Ebersole wrote:
>> > Just because eclipse might not like it does not make it broken ;)
>>
>> It's your choice to make it hard to develop on Hibernate core in Eclipse.
>
> Thats one way to look at it.  One point of view.  Of course a just as valid
> point of view is that Eclipse is making it difficult.
>

>> You can fix it on Hibernate side - I can't fix Eclipse core fundamentals.
>
> Well as John already said, he was able to verify that it does in fact work in
> Eclipse.  So obviously *they* don't think its a broken set up.  Thats just
> your opinion.  Perhaps maybe the concern is that it possibly does not work in
> JBoss Tools...

It's actually broken on any Eclipse, nothing to do with JBoss Tools.
I doubt Max's point of view is "one point", we're scoring at least two already.

Possibly a large part of eclipse users aren't going to be as lucky as John was,
I have no idea how comes it works fine for him, whatever trick he's
using it would be nice to have gradle generate his configuration.