[hibernate-dev] Metamodel Tasks

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Sun May 1 09:56:30 EDT 2011

With regard to HHH-6174...

This is one of the more difficult and important pieces left in my
opinion.  The essential idea there is how to handle "multi-table"
structures:  joined-subclasses, secondary-tables, etc.

There are 2 high-level options:
1) Collect the non-primary tables as well as the referential
information.  This is is the approach we use today in o.h.mapping
2) Build up a "join tree" (rooted at the primary/driving table) to
represent the relation between the tables and then bind to that.  The
tree would be a org.hibernate.metamodel.relational.TableSpecification

At least that's how I read it.  Hardy may have meant something
completely different :)

This is something we need to discuss and we will probably end up needing
to push it off to Beta1

Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org>
http://hibernate.org