[hibernate-dev] Unique key constraint

Ankita Patil ankita.patil at germinait.com
Fri Nov 4 03:13:58 EDT 2011

Hi,
I already have an id as the primary key for the table say XYZ.

Now, I want to set a field or a combination of two fields as a unique key
so that when i try to save say 2 entries in the DB with same value for the
unique key field then only one entry should be made in the table with one
primary key. I want hibernate to handle it internally and not throw me an
exception.

Now i have only one auto-generated primary key and when i try to save 2
entries in the DB with same value for the unique key field it stores
duplicate entries.

Is it possible? If yes how?

Thanks in advance

Ankita.