[hibernate-dev] [jboss-as7-dev] Which JBoss Logging version to use in AS and Hibernate Core

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Mon Nov 7 15:45:45 EST 2011

Wouldn't it be easier to have us build with Logger 3.0.x ?

I don't think the shade approach is the way to go; it wouldn't work in
AS 7.1, which is our final goal.

What about including the missing class only as a provided dependency,
to be used with older AS versions? Assuming that would work with the
older Logger implementation; also this might be quite messy for the
users.

Regarding the idea of inlining the class.. not sure how that would
look like. Ideally the goal would be to have Hibernate 4 work properly
on both AS 7.0 and 7.1, and possibly on future versions too; if that
solves the issue then why not.

Let me know if there is any experimental branch that I could try out.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a blocking problem; it surely isn't
great that it won't work on AS <7.1 but we have to move forward.
Emmanuel, would this be an acceptable limitation for Search ?

I guess this problem doesn't apply to Infinispan and Hibernate Core as
they are bundled with AS, and hardly someone will want to include a
newer version of these core components on the older AS.