[hibernate-dev] Lucene 3.5

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Tue Nov 22 09:23:54 EST 2011

Hi all,
the Apache Lucene community is voting for the release of Lucene
version 3.5.0; we are using 3.4.0 in Hibernate Search 4.0.0.CR2.

When we migrated to 3.4 from 3.1 and 3.2, it was a nice drop-in
replacement containing mostly bugfixes and performance improvements.

3.5 actually changed some APIs, making it impossible for people to
drop it in as a replacement for the older version, and also contains a
several nice-to-have bugfixes and improvements.

Shall we upgrade now, or during 4.1 ? After a quick look, I'd suggest
4.1 as some of the changes are non-trivial.