[hibernate-dev] HHH-6780 - incorrect query timeout calculation

Donnchadh Ó Donnabháin donnchadh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 21:47:43 EST 2011

  Hi everyone,

While trying out 4.0.0.CR6 I've discovered that my code is affected by
https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HHH-6780 .
There isn't a fix version on this issue. Would it be possible to get
the fix into the next CR or or 4.0.0.Final? It does seem quite broken
at the moment.

The javadoc for org.hibernate.Transaction says:
	/**
	 * Set the transaction timeout for any transaction started by a
subsequent call to {@link #begin} on this instance.
	 *
	 * @param seconds The number of seconds before a timeout.
	 */
	public void setTimeout(int seconds);

but instead seconds is treated as an absolute time.

Lukasz Antoniak has created a pull request at:
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-core/pull/205

Thanks

  Donnchadh