[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Filters and EntityManager.find

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Nov 30 09:30:00 EST 2011

What you are doing is called multi-tenancy.

Hibernate 4 has more explicit support for multi-tenant data.
Unfortunately 4.0 only supports cases where the schema is replicated on
multiple databases/schemas.  There will also be support for
discrimination-based multi-tenancy at some point in 4.x (4.1 or 4.2).
If you want to help develop that feature, that would be great.

However, I am not going to change the way/places that filters are
applied.  They work exactly as intended.