[hibernate-dev] Needed for 4.0.0.CR5?

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Oct 13 12:53:23 EDT 2011

On 10/12/2011 06:12 PM, Gail Badner wrote:
> A couple of new issues were opened today that seem important enough to consider for 4.0.0.CR5. Not sure there's any time left to do this, but here they are:
>
> HHH-6727 (serializing an EntityManager should include enough information to later be unserialized with re-association to existing EntityManagerFactory (even on a different machine/jvm process))
> https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HHH-6727

If this can be fixed in a non-disruptive fashion, it would be good to
assign to 4.0.0.next.  If we don't fix in 4.0.0.next, I would like to
fix it soon after.  At the very best, in a clustered environment or one
that passivates/activates the extended persistence context, extra memory
will be used by the duplicate EMF.  Its not clear (to me), if the second
level entity/query cache is also duplicated.  If the cache is duplicated
(when serializing/unserializing an EntityManager), I would like to fix
sooner.