[hibernate-dev] functional tests and unit tests separation

Strong Liu stliu at hibernate.org
Wed Sep 28 12:09:20 EDT 2011

now we have the following hudson jobs:

1. http://ci.jboss.org/jenkins/job/hibernate-core-master/

main hibernate-core hudson job
environment:  linux + sun jdk 1.6
db:  H2
tests to be run: all tests (both unit tests and functional tests *)

2. http://ci.jboss.org/jenkins/job/hibernate-core-master-openjdk/

same as #1 except it is open jdk.

3. http://ci.jboss.org/jenkins/job/hibernate-core-master-matrix/

run matrix tests ** only on mysql 51, postgresql 84, ms sql server 2008 R1/R2

4. http://ci.jboss.org/jenkins/job/hibernate-core-master-matrix2/

run matrix tests only on db2 97, oracle 11g R1 / R2 / R1 RAC / R2 RAC / sybase ase 15.5

* I know everyone has a definition of these two names, but here i mean:
functional tests --> tests need to be run on DB matrix
unit tests --> tests do not need a DB involved or just default DB (H2)

** matrix tests i mean tests in src/matrix/java

I have made changes of hibernate-core and hibernate-entitymanager modules, move tests which are supposed to be functional test to src/matrix.
(it would be better to re-check if i missed any tests)

and I would like to ask maintainers of hibernate-envers / hibernate-infinispan / hibernate-ehcache modules to check if your module tests should be considered to be functional tests, and move them into src/matrix or let me know which tests should be moved then i can do that, thanks

Strong Liu <stliu at hibernate.org>
http://hibernate.org
http://github.com/stliu