[hibernate-dev] [HSEARCH] Remove 'preferIPv4Stack' validation

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Sep 29 14:51:21 EDT 2011

Hi,
yes I'm aware the check is no longer needed, in fact we dropped it in
HSEARCH-860, where you can find a short explanation too [1].

So since v.4 it won't prevent IPv6 anymore. Versions 3.x are expected
to be compatible with Java5 so backporting the same patch as
HSEARCH-860 would not be the best option; the solution you propose to
add a system property to give the user a "I know what I'm doing"
option sounds great: if you could send a pull request I'll apply it,
just keep in mind it's needed for 3.4.x only.

1 - https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HSEARCH-860

Sanne