[hibernate-dev] Evolvement of SPIs

Gunnar Morling gunnar.morling at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 2 18:33:59 EDT 2012

Hi,

> What's your definition of an SPI

I think an SPI is something which the user implements (as you say
typically advanced users which need to plug-in custom functionality
into the framework) opposed to an API, which is something which a user
just uses/invokes.

>  That's the proposal I have pushed to the common guidelines at JBoss.

Do you have a link to these guidelines?

I think I like the combined interface/abstract implementation approach.

--Gunnar