[hibernate-dev] Adding features to Dialect class

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 23 08:47:01 EDT 2012

Their better option is to apply a Type for String that handles this.
http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/orm/4.1/manual/en-US/html_single/#types-registry

This is the type of thing we will be able to handle automatically in 5.0

But as for the forum user's exact question, personally I think him
expecting null and empty string *in the java model* to be handled
equally is just plain wrong.

P.S., these kinds of questions should be directed at the dev list so we
can get everyone's input.

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org