[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Issue with accepting mongodb in master

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed Apr 25 11:01:41 EDT 2012

In the pull request I've sent the MongoDB tests are disabled, one
would need to enable it using the Maven profile

example:
> mvn clean install -Pmongodb

If you run just "mvn clean install", it will skip building the MongoDB module.

I know it's not ideal as we would like everyone to test for it, but my
idea was mostly to have the branch converge in master sooner and work
on a better solution later.

To change "localhost" to something different I can add some build
properties, but this still requires a MongoDB installed somewhere.

We could follow this approach:
 - we (maintainers) have MongoDB and have the profile enabled by
default in our Maven settings, so we always review any change
verifying the mongo module isn't broken
 - any contributor working on code out-of-mongo could break the mongo
module, but this shouldn't happen often, and would be caught by our
review
 - contributors actively working on MongoDB are expected to have a
mongo available, and will have to enable the profile. Frequent
contributors could also set it in their maven settings as we do.

So I think you can merge it?

Sanne