[hibernate-dev] integrate Envers with new metamodel

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Wed Aug 1 12:17:23 EDT 2012

On 31 Jan 2012, at 10:55 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:

> Why is the "annotation indexing" discussion part of the metamodel?

Why not? We are using Jandex in the new metamodel which is a annotation index/repository

> I initially understood that a replacement of commons-annotations was
> being developed, which would be nice for Search too as Search does not
> and should not depend on Hibernate ORM.

as Strong already said, there is no replacement module for commons-annotations. There is no
need for it.

And yes, Search should imo also switch to Jandex, however, it can initially just create its own index.
Of course it might be nice to be able to use a Jandex index passed to it via the integrator spi. Different story though.

--Hardy