[hibernate-dev] (no subject)

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Aug 21 20:11:04 EDT 2012

Also, I think how you were expecting beforeMetadataProcessing to happen
can't really happen, but I suspect it is the more direct way to port envers.

I *think* what you were thinking is to have envers pass along its extra
EntitySource/EntityHierarchy stuff.  You cannot just simply "add the
custom sources into {@MetadataSources} and get it processed by Hibernate
Metamodel" if you mean adding EntitySource/EntityHierarchy.  That is
actually not the role of MetadataSources.  MetadataSources is a
collection of sources for find metadata information; its the collection
of mapping files, annotated classes, annotated packages, etc.
org.hibernate.metamodel.spi.MetadataSourceProcessor implementations
(there is one for HBM and one for Annotations) are responsible for
taking the MetadataSources and building EntityHierarchy instances and
passing those off to binder.

So I need to understand exactly what y'all want here in terms of Envers
since that is our primary use case for this.  Are you wanting to
"contribute" additional EntityHierarchy structures?  IIRC, old envers
code used to build in-memory DOM structures (or am I way off base in my
memroy there?); if that is the target, maybe contributing JaxbRoots to
MetadataSources is the way to go.

Also, I wonder if we ought to rename MetadataSources to remove the
ambiguity, maybe MetadataOrigins or MetadataSourcesOrigins?

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org