[hibernate-dev] (no subject)

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Aug 22 09:22:41 EDT 2012

On Wed 22 Aug 2012 03:15:14 AM CDT, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:

> On 22 Jan 2012, at 2:11 AM, Steve Ebersole wrote:
>
>> Also, I wonder if we ought to rename MetadataSources to remove the
>> ambiguity, maybe MetadataOrigins or MetadataSourcesOrigins?
>
> Not so fond of this. Then you would have to almost rename MetadataSource as well.

What "MetadataSource" are you talking about renaming?

> Even though I also get sometimes confused by the fine distinction between MetadataSource
> and MetadataSources. If renaming I prefer something like MetadataSourceCollector.

The problem here, imo, is the term "source".  It is ambiguous because
it means both (1) source of metadata information (hbm files,
annotations) and (2) the common source mapping contracts
(org.hibernate.metamodel.spi.source).   They really are not related,
aside from the fact that MetadataSources is the source for sources :/

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org