[hibernate-dev] New metamodel and NamingStrategy

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Fri Feb 17 13:25:37 EST 2012

In Austin we had discussed splitting up NamingStrategy into
LogicalNamingStrategy and PhysicalNamingStrategy.  I am starting to
think though and work on that task.

We said that the "sources" (the collective term for annotations and
hbm.xml) would return null to indicate that the logical naming should
kick in.  The idea being to allow the sources to remain as true as
possible to the actual user supplied values.

Anyway, just wanted to open this up to wider discussion.

Btw the related issues are:
https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HHH-7077
https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HHH-7078
https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HHH-7079