[hibernate-dev] "Live async" MassIndexer

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Sat Jan 7 05:03:37 EST 2012

I've written some ideas for MassIndexer  improvements in the forum, to
allow it to work in background using updates instead of wiping out the
index, so that it doesn't prevent running applications to find
results.
(it's being asked now, but something I wanted to add anyway at some point) :

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1014063

An alternative would be to have it create a new index from scratch,
and switch at the end, but this introduces the problem of applying
changes of transactions which happen during the indexing; we could
apply transactional changes to both, but this seems more complex than
using the single index.