[hibernate-dev] Spring + Hibernate Shards

Imtiyaz S imtiyaz.s at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 15:31:58 EST 2012

Has anybody had luck using Spring with Hibernate Shards?

I have implemented a sample in the spring environment. But the data
does not get committed. (Sample project attached)

I figured the issue is with transactions.

in my Dao.save() if i add transaction code then i see the entries in DB.
This does not seem right, we cannot commit on each save...

Code:

 public PK save (E e) {

    	Session s = this.getSessionFactory().openSession();
    	s2.flush();
	Transaction tx =s2.beginTransaction();

	Object o = s2.save(e);
	tx.commit();

	s2.flush();
        s2.close();
	return (PK) o;

Also getCurrentSession() on SharededSessionFactory throws
"UnsupportedOperationException"

Without Sharding, my configuration in XML was:

Code:

<bean id="sessionFactory"
		class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
		<property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
		<property name="mappingResources">
</bean>

Now, for sharding, i am using my own ShardedSessionFactoryBuilder class as
described in:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ja...j-javadev2-11/<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-javadev2-11/>

So there is no "LocalSessionFactoryBean". Is this needed for Transactions?

thanks in advance.