[hibernate-dev] [HV] ThreadLocal in ValidatorImpl

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue Jan 10 12:19:50 EST 2012

Hi,

I was thinking about https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HV-439 which basically also means a
refactoring of the current ValidatorImpl.

One thing I noticed is that we start at one of the public Bean Validation methods and then
create different context (e.g. ValueContext, ValidationConext) which we can passing around
all the time, creating quite long method parameter lists.

Would it be a good idea to introduce a ThreadLocal here and pass the context information this way?
It would definitely clean up the methods signatures. Thoughts?

--Hardy