[hibernate-dev] Minor issues/questions about Hibernate Core/ORM documentation

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Fri Jan 13 07:02:37 EST 2012

I've checked the repos as well and came to same conclusions as Scott,
which is we need to recover the patch from Steve's local repository;
but also I'd recommend to check for all changes as tracked in JIRA
around the suspected timeframe and verify if they are in practice
included in the current master: we where lucky to find out this patch
was gone, but there might be others :-(

Is anyone still using "force" when pushing? that should *really* be
avoided, as these are the consequences. Please forget the option
exists when dealing with the reference repository ;-)
We should avoid merges as well, but that's just for convenience: they
can't eradicate patches from history; I'm just saying that in this
context because all the merges are making it much harder to understand
what might have happened.

After fetching from git at github.com:hibernate/hibernate-orm.git I
couldn't find track of a commit identified by [1]. Same problem after
fetching from Steve's repo on github.
Anyone knows where this fisheye is taking patches from? Or I guess git
is not downloading unreachable commits, but in this case at least
fisheye is proving it has been in upstream at some point.

I could checkout it's parent d02864b , which is dated 16 December.
Steve could you look if you can checkout the [1] in your local
repository, and also use some graphical tool such as gitg to have a
look at non-linear history around the 16 December ?
You should be able to cherry-pick your commit and send a new pull
request - we can't.

I also remember having seen this patch, as we talked about it on IRC
and gave a brief look out of curiosity so I don't think it never
reached the reference repository - unless I was looking at Steve's, I
can't remember that but it's unlikely as there is not track of this on
his github either.

 [1] - 39d47c4b39f231435305b47e23f4b2cf8e9aede8

Sanne