[hibernate-dev] Some files are missing from hibernate-validator-4.2.0.Final-sources.jar

Gunnar Morling gunnar.morling at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 26 14:25:36 EST 2012

Hi,

JType is actually an external API [1] which sources are not part of
the HV code base.

As of HV 4.2 JType is shaded into HV to
org.hibernate.validator.jtype.* during the build using the Maven shade
plugin [1]. So for the sources you'd have to inspect the original
JType sources. For HV 4.3 we're considering to change that, though
we're not completely sure which route to take, see HV-534 [3] and the
GitHub pull request [4].

Are you missing any other sources besides the JType ones?

--Gunnar

[1] http://code.google.com/p/jtype/
[2] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/
[3] https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/HV-534