[hibernate-dev] hibernate-commons-annotations and Class references

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Tue Jul 3 20:29:25 EDT 2012

I am working in the org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.SimpleValueBinder
class.  I need to be able to search for an annotation that exists either
on the property or on the entity that defines that property (or on one
of that entity's super-classes).  I have no idea how to achieve this
with hibernate-commons-annotations.

As far as I can tell you need to manually get the Class reference in
order to be able to get the XClass reference?  Is that correct?

Also, at what point, if any, during SimpleValueBinder processing can I
be certain that the owning entity class and its super-classes have been
processed?

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org