[hibernate-dev] H4 mapping xsd question

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Tue Jul 10 10:09:14 EDT 2012

On Jul 10, 2012, at 4:04 PM, Steve Ebersole wrote:

> If you can get JAXB to perform that binding for you great!  There are lots of places where we have this.
>
> Just to be clear, however, we cannot change the XSD to accomplish this in a way that means changes to end-user syntax.

I think one generic way of doing this would be a custom xjc plugin (these plugins hook into the code generation and allow to modify
the generated classes in memory before they are written to disc). It might be possible to add additional type specific getters for mixed content
nodes this way.

I am not saying that we should do it and it is worth the effort, just saying that this might be a possibility :-)

--Hardy