[hibernate-dev] JPA 2.1 progress

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Jul 12 17:29:16 EDT 2012

Ok, at this point the jpa21 branch is complete for Draft 6.

It also contains some major refactorings:
1) removal of Ejb3Configuration in preference of the new 2-phase
bootstrap approach of Bootstrap/EntityManagerFactoryBuilder.
a) Scott actually plans to present the general approach  to the JPA EG
as the means for container bootstrapping of a JPA provider.  I don't
expect that will make it into 2.1 even if the EG agrees to change.
b) This will continue to improve once we integrate this code with the
metamodel code.

2) I renamed o.h.ejb to o.h.jpa.  I took a deprecate/extend approach
for some of the "key" o.h.ejb interfaces/classes.  Also took the
opportunity to move hem to the api/spi/internal package split.

Next week I plan on starting in on Draft 7 and the bits that Linda has
shared with the EG so far in terms of Draft 8.

Let me know if you see any problems...

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org