[hibernate-dev] merge master into metamodel branch, again :)

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Jul 16 15:38:56 EDT 2012

Going to throw another perhaps crazy suggestion out there...

Thinking we should consider:
1) branching 4.1
2) integrating my JPA 2.1 work onto master
3) merge master (with JPA 2.1) to metamodel branch

Couple of thought processes go into this.  First, I do not see us doing
anymore 4.x releases outside of possibly doing a 4.2 *specifically* to
release JPA 2.1 support. Ideally I want JPA 2.1 support to be released
as 5.0 hand-in-hand with the metamodel work.  The only reason we would
not go that route is if the metamodel work drags on and threatens us
releasing JPA 2.1 support in a timely manner.  I do not see that
happening, just stating a known condition.  Besides the JPA 2.1 support
is actually up-to-date with the latest available specs (and actually a
little bit ahead of the latest available spec draft after this week).
So again, all-in-all I still do not foresee the need for a 4.2 at this time.