[hibernate-dev] SourceForge project

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Jul 18 11:29:58 EDT 2012

Not sure if y'all are tracking what is going on at SourceForge.  They
have done a redesign of the site using a new hosting software they
developed called Allura.  We will need to upgrade to use Allura at some
point.  The upgrade has a few ramifications that I wanted to give
everyone some time to handle.

First is our hosted MediaWiki instance.  As far as I know, I am the only
one that uses that, so I don't think this affects anyone other than me.
  In fact all hosted apps will be getting decommissioned.  We only have
MediaWiki, WordPress and dotProject enabled to date.  To the best of my
knowledge, only MediaWiki ever got used.

Source Code.  We still have the original CVS repo accessible for read.
As I understand it, that will remain true and use the same urls.  We
moved directly from SF CVS to JBoss SVN, so no SF SVN to worry about
that I know of.  For Git, we did create some Git repos.  Those will be
inaccessible after the upgrade; so if there is anything y'all want in
any of those Git repos, you should pull/clone it.  Let me know.

I do not know of any other ramifications.  Let me know if you think of
others that need to be addresses.

If you are unfamiliar and want to see what Allura offers, here is the
link: http://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/Features/

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org