[hibernate-dev] Test failures when entity name is mapped

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Jul 25 10:19:12 EDT 2012

Moving population of the JPA metamodel is the most likely culprit as I
think you already knew.

The problem as we also already discussed, imo, is the test set up on
metamodel branch.  For even minor changes you really have to run the
full test suite 3 times and keep track of the number of tests run and
passed/failed between 2 of the runs and apply a diff on the test reports
between those runs as well.  This is just not reasonable.  I should be
able to just run a testsuite and immediately know if something I changed
broke something else.  We discussed scripting the many-step manual
process you do now into the gradle scripts.