[hibernate-dev] integrate Envers with new metamodel

Strong Liu stliu at hibernate.org
Tue Jul 31 17:11:41 EDT 2012

that part is developed to replace commons-annotations, but it is not designed as a separated module, but part of hibernate-orm.
because of using Jandex, this code is much simpler now, so there is no need to do that.

for modules like h-search which doesn't depend on ORM, maybe it should move to use Jandex as well, but that's another topic, here i'd more focus on hibernate-envers, which directly depends on ORM, so we'd definitely not want to index the annotations again.

I just did the initial work of my propose and pushed it to my repo https://github.com/stliu/hibernate-orm  "integrator" branch