[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH-598 (was: Beginner's tasks for Hibernate Search and Hibernate OGM)

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 1 07:09:25 EST 2012

Hi Guillaume,
I'm aware of the issue, and I wouldn't mind some help on it: it would
be better to fix the MassIndexer design to use a limited set of
threads than to expose more metadata information, don't you agree?

The reason for me to not have given a high priority to HSEARCH-598 are
  1) there are easy workarounds
  2) I have no tests

Writing an automated test is in this case I think 90% of the
complexity; if you would like to do that, I think I could fix it
quickly or at least propose many possible solutions.
Ideally for this to be included in 4.1.0.Final we should finish it
next week.. do you think you could help with it?

Sanne