[hibernate-dev] [jboss-as7-dev] [infinispan-dev] AS7-4007 missing Infinispan dependency for clustered JPA second level cache

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Mar 7 10:23:22 EST 2012

On 03/06/2012 02:45 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> On 03/06/2012 02:27 PM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>> So, to summarise all of this. What I suggest is this:
>>
>> - Short term:
>> The "quick fix" I suggest in http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/infinispan-dev/2012-March/010317.html
>
> Do we want to try this (requires a new build of Infinispan I think)?  Or
> should applications workaround the issue until we can reach the
> medium/long term?

The application workaround of adding the Infinispan jar isn't good
enough (for reasons that others already mentioned.

If we have to make Infinispan changes, wouldn't the smallest change be
to let AS7 pass in a global ModularClassResolver via Infinipan
GlobalConfiguration?  I can try that locally if that sounds right to all.

Otherwise, we can try the other suggested changes (pasted again below).

"
There might a quicker option here though:
- Extend VersionAwareMarshaller (http://goo.gl/bu8CF) and provide a
variant of JBossMarshaller (http://goo.gl/o9Ro3) in Infinispan (this
requires JBossMarshaller to be made non-final)
- Override JBossMarshaller.inject(), call super.inject() and then call
baseCfg.setClassResolver(…)
- This would require that the VersionAwareMarshaller extension be passed
the ModuleLoader that ModularClassResolver requires.
- Configure Infinispan with this new marshaller, via
SerializationConfiguration. Thankfully you can now pass an instance of
the marshaller to it, so no need to do any magic ModuleLoader lookup
from the VersionAwareMarshaller extension.

Scott, other than the change in JBossMarshaller to be made non-final,
the rest can built on AS7. Wanna have a go? Ping me on IRC if you need help.
"