[hibernate-dev] Sessions sharing Connections

Adam Warski adam at warski.org
Fri Mar 16 22:56:25 EDT 2012

> We could get away with them sharing a JdbcCoordinator as well, but that
> opens up (slight) potential concurrency issues if the 2 sessions are
> used concurrently.

The question really is about the use cases. Are connections supposed to be used concurrently anyway?
I think they are usually used by a single thread at a time.

The Envers's use case is to create another session where some data can be read, not influencing what the original session held.

> A consideration here is that these are SPIs and should not really be
> changing between point releases.  But another thing to consider is that
> these particular SPIs were added in 4.0, so they are relatively new, and
> that, in this particular case at least, they are just plain wrong.

Although, if something is plain wrong, I would fix it as fast as possible :). Treat it as a bug, I suppose SPIs can have bugs as well ;)

Adam

--
Adam Warski

http://twitter.com/#!/adamwarski