[hibernate-dev] byteman

Shawn Clowater shawn.clowater at Entero.com
Thu Mar 22 00:59:57 EDT 2012

FWIW, I'm not getting those 2 connection failures either, the only tests
that fail the majority of the time for me locally are the infinispan
ones (from the other test failure thread), although they sometimes pass
but mostly blow about 20 failures, which was also happening on a clean
pull of 4.1.1

-----Original Message-----
From: hibernate-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org
[mailto:hibernate-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org] On Behalf Of Steve
Ebersole
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:27 AM
To: hibernate-dev at lists.jboss.org
Subject: Re: [hibernate-dev] byteman

You'll have to give me more info.  All tests pass here for me aside from
the one originally discussed on this thread:

 > Building > :hibernate-core:matrixUnitTest > Resolving dependencies
':hibernate:hibernate-core:matrixUnitTest
Test org.hibernate.test.annotations.xml.ejb3.OrmVersion1SupportedTest
FAILED
3030 tests completed, 1 failure

On 03/20/2012 12:15 AM, Strong Liu wrote:
> fixed
> https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/commit/749f7c1eb5206ab456db
> 08bb901befa39ac5c11e
>
> and I'm seeing two test failures, probably caused by HHH-7020 /
> HHH-7090
>
> :hibernate-core:testTest
> org.hibernate.test.connections.CurrentSessionConnectionTest FAILED
> Test org.hibernate.test.connections.AggressiveReleaseTest FAILED
> 481 tests completed, 2 failures
>
> -------------------------
> Best Regards,
>
> Strong Liu<stliu at hibernate.org>
> http://about.me/stliu/bio
>
> On Mar 20, 2012, at 4:53 AM, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:
>
>> On Mar 19, 2012, at 8:10 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>>
>>> I guess who tested this was on OsX, and you are not.
>> I wonder who that could be :-) I was not aware of this side of using
>> Byteman and as Sanna says, it works just fine for me.
>>
>>> With Hibernate Search (Maven) we have it setup like:
>>> https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/blob/master/hibernate-
>>> search-orm/pom.xml#L157
>>>
>>> Using a profile to detect where the jar is (end of the same file)
>> Hmm, that is a little more involved than I was hoping for. I still
>> think that having Byteman might be useful for other tests as well
(even though we would need a way to unify the two JUnit runners).

>> We have two options:
>>
>> 1. Drop the last commit I made for HHH-6271. This commit introduces
>> byteman and could just be removed 2. Work out how to do the profile
equivalent in Gradle to make sure tools.jar is on the classpath.