[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Shards ?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Mar 29 19:46:37 EDT 2012

While it doesn't happen every day, we sometimes have people asking
help on Shards on the forums.

Take this for example:
https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2453788#p2453788

The distribution does not contain such information, and has no other
dependencies. The changelog does not contain information about the
version, nor does the documentation. With luck I remember there used
to be a compatibility matrix on the homepage!

Bottomline, should Shards still be listed on the frontpage of
Hibernate.org as all other modules?

I think we should either move it in an "attic" area, or update it's
landing page to point out it's state of maintenance.

Cheers,