[hibernate-dev] Memory consumption

Andrej Golovnin golovnin at gmx.net
Wed May 16 13:40:37 EDT 2012

Hi Emmanuel,

>    javax.persistence.validation.mode NONE
>
> should already do that ie disable the integration between JPA and Bean Validation. If that's not the case, there is a bug somewhere but I could not spot it.
>
> However, Bean Validation has to be activated by the EE container as per the spec. But the "lazy" validator factory should mean that Hibernate Validator is not bootstrapped unless it is used somewhere.

I have got it. Adding <property name="javax.persistence.validation.mode" value="NONE"/>
to persistence.xml has no effect at all.

org.jboss.as.jpa.puparser.PersistenceUnitXmlParser assumes that the validation mode would be defined
in the persistence.xml by the tag "validation-mode". This tag has been added in JPA 2.1 which is not yet
final. Solution: add <validation-mode>NONE</validation-mode> to persistence.xml, although it violates
the persistence_2_0.xsd schema. At least it works for me now. :-)

Best regards,
Andrej Golovnin