[hibernate-dev] metamodel work

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Fri May 25 05:47:18 EDT 2012

On May 23, 2012, at 8:25 PM, Gail Badner wrote:
>> Well thats also not the only way to write tests for targetting the
>> new
>> metamodel.  Most of the tests I write at least for metamodel work are
>> in fact not functional tests.  So I don't try to to fit them into
>> there
>> since they don't fit.
>
> I agree it's not the only way to write tests. It is a simple way that helps me do my work. I also agree these are not functional tests. They are more like use case tests, as are many of the matrix tests. They test that it works end-to-end.

On a side note, I think we decided to combine all tests again into a single test directory. Of course we want to keep the functionality of being able to run against multiple databases, but the
split into two sets of tests (matrix vs test) only complicates the setup and we gain hardly anything from it.

--Hardy