[hibernate-dev] Shards

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Wed Nov 14 12:28:42 EST 2012

On https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/pull/407 Adriano has
started work on porting Shards (based on the last release source) to the
latest 4.1 code base.

Shards really became a dump and run, which is why we did not even bother
moving it over from SVN to GitHub when we migrated the other projects.
The folks who developed it moved on and none of the development team
really know its code.

Bottom line, what is really needed is for someone to own that.  I asked
Adriano on that pull request if that was something he was willing to
take on.  He said yes.

So the question becomes how do we proceed?  Do we let him (and anyone
else who joins in to help finish the migration) finish the work in his
personal repo and move that over to under the Hibernate community when
that work is complete?  Other suggestions?

steve at hibernate.org
http://hibernate.org