[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search Spatial: Units?

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Wed Oct 10 07:17:32 EDT 2012

> > onCoordinates(String... names)

Does `onCoordinates()` means all coordinates or simply the default one. If all, then
existing queries will break if you add an new coordinate property to an
entity.

Also, I'm not sure there is a use case for targeting in the same query,
the various coordinates defined on a given entity. But I have no real
idea.

Otherwise, I'm fairly neutral to the proposal.

> > +1 to not consider
> > "SpatialQueryBuilder.buildSpatialQueryByGrid" a public API but in that
> > case I think we should update the tests using it to use the DSL.
>
> About this, we should also not mention it in the docs: we're using it
> in most examples, excluding only the paragraph introducing the Spacial
> specific DSL.
> We also refer to it frequently in 9.6, the low level details
> explanation chapter.

Damn, I thought we discussed that already to remove it from the doc. But
maybe it was for the unit tests.
If we go for the private route, we need to move those classes to an
`impl` package. What's weird is that I thought I did it in the past :/