[hibernate-dev] PDFs generated for Hibernate 4.1 documentation

Philip Schlesinger pschlesinger at picsauditing.com
Fri Oct 19 19:05:21 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Per the recommendation of Sanne Grinovero, I'm posting here.  Please
see the ticket I created
https://hibernate.onjira.com/browse/WEBSITE-16

 -- title "Generate, validate, and publish PDF versions of Hibernate
4.1 documentation".

I've attached three PDFs to that ticket, one for each of the Hibernate
4.1 documents. I made them landscape 8.5x14 so the tables would fit.
If somebody can do this better as 8.5x11 and/or in portrait, be my
guest...

Sanne commented: "This is nice to have but will be outdated soon, the
best solution would be if you could patch the build system to provide
a task to generate them. I would suggest you to drop an email to the
hibernate developer mailing list [1] to make sure the whole team
notices this; I don't think everyone receives notifications about the
"website" project."

Steve Ebersole commented: "The "Getting Started Guide" at least cannot
be done in PDF; it links to a zip file (see 2. Tutorial code).  Sanne,
Phillip and I talked about this on IRC. Really we need someone to help
with jDocBook and especially the integration with FOP (how DocBook is
converted into PDF). Phillip unfortunately does not know FOP."

- Phil

--

Philip H. Schlesinger
Software Development Manager, PICS, Inc.

The Contractors' Choice

17701 Cowan #140 | Irvine, CA | 92614

Join PICS on LinkedIn