[hibernate-dev] byteman

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Thu Sep 6 05:35:04 EDT 2012

Byteman needs to open a listening network socket in the agent, so that
the test fixture can connect to it and control the agent to upload the
instrumentation rules (the default is 9091).

If this is your local workstation, maybe you have the port taken by a
different server?
If it's a CI server, I guess you also have the risk of a previous run
hanging and which didn't release the port, or some concurrent builds
on the same machine sharing the port?

In case there are other services using the port you can change the
default with an agent option; maybe we need a dynamic port selection
controlled by jenkins if we need multiple builds to run in parallel.