[hibernate-dev] Regression after upgrade to 4.1.7.Final

Shawn Clowater shawn.clowater at Entero.com
Fri Sep 14 12:22:34 EDT 2012

I'm going to be rolling up to 4.1.7 sometime today since we just started our new release and I'm trying to stay as current as I can.  I'll see what I can see however, unless the search code is using nested sessions then the patch wouldn't affect it.

Since you're already there, can you tell me if it's getting into the

beforeTransactionCompletion( transaction ); call in the transactionObserver from SessionImpl.  If not, then my patch comment is just a red herring.

Shawn Clowater

-----Original Message-----
From: Sanne Grinovero [mailto:sanne at hibernate.org]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 9:56 AM
To: Shawn Clowater
Cc: Steve Ebersole; Guillaume Smet; Hibernate
Subject: Re: [hibernate-dev] Regression after upgrade to 4.1.7.Final

I could reproduce the same problem by just running the Hibernate
Search testsuite, from master just changing the hibernate-core
dependency from 4.1.6 to 4.1.7

The failing test is
org.hibernate.search.test.embedded.EmbeddedTest

in the "hibernate-search-orm" Maven module, and reproduces exactly the
same stacktrace as reported by Guillaume.

In this case we are in a "before transaction completion" phase,
iterating over a previously non-initialized collection.

As you say, it's not finding the CollectionEntry; it would be very
nice if you could review your patch using this test to debug?

Sanne