[hibernate-dev] problems with using jandex on metamodel

Strong Liu stliu at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 1 21:39:18 EDT 2013

Hi There

We know that to use Jandex annotation repository, we have to add annotation classes to the Indexer explicitly first, and this already force us to list all MappedSuperClass and Embeddable classes which was not required.

Now I"m trying to migrate the HEM to metamodel branch and most tests are failing due to this limitation , like jpa callback listeners and tests using not-completed orm.xml

well, this probably not a problem when using hibernate within a container, but SE environment, we have two options I see:

1. ask users to list all annotation classes, which will be a big migration issue and also bad usability
2. try to load the class using ClassLoadingService if it can not be found in the Index repository and build a new one with CompositeIndex

wdty?

Best Regards,

Strong Liu <stliu at hibernate.org>
http://about.me/stliu/bio