[hibernate-dev] Checkstyle: enforced!

Hardy Ferentschik hardy at hibernate.org
Thu Apr 18 11:37:19 EDT 2013

On 18 Jan 2013, at 5:27 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:

> On 18 April 2013 16:13, Gunnar Morling <gunnar at hibernate.org> wrote:
>> Yeah, I was just about to suggest that :)
>
> Good idea, but isn't it true that if your IDE is correctly setup it doesn't matter?

True, but sometimes you might want to ignore the rules.

> I'm not sure about IDEA, but Eclipse detects the checkstyle rules and
> shows violations right away.

Not sure, I don't have any check style plugin enabled in Idea. And again, it
is a question of IDE vs build. Wether and how you configure your IDE to
conform to the coding standard is one thing and where and how you check
the standard as part of the build is another.

--Hardy