[hibernate-dev] HSEARCH - Assorted fixes to the pom files

Guillaume Smet guillaume.smet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 04:12:15 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm planning to work on the pom files in the next few days.

Here is more or less the plan I have in mind:
- centralize all dependencies versions in the properties of the parent
pom file. A couple of them are directly in the dependencyManagement
block. It's easier to update them this way.
- same for the Maven plugins;
- I would like to enforce the dependency convergence rule via the
enforcer plugin: a few additional dependency management declaration
will be needed to get everything right. See
http://maven.apache.org/enforcer/enforcer-rules/dependencyConvergence.html
for more information.
- remove the commons-logging API altogether and use slf4j and its
wrapper for commons-logging
- update a few core dependencies (especially Javassist to the version
used in ORM, slf4j, log4j, commons-io which is a solr dependency and
Solr is now using 2.1, not 1.4)
- update the activemq dependency if it's not too much of a pain as
it's only a test dependency;
- remove outdated comments: I'm especially thinking about the one for
the log4j dependency: the problem has been fixed a while ago;
- in latest JBoss EAP, Jackson is in a custom version of 1.9.9 (there
is a "redhat" qualifier in the version string): maybe, I was thinking
about upgrading the dependency to at least 1.9.9, instead of 1.9.2
(which is effectively the version used in AS 7.1);
- remove the lucene-regex dependency management definition: this
dependency isn't declared anywhere, except in the modules file. I
think it's a leftover of something and we should get rid of it
altogether;
- remove the luceneRegexJakartaVersion property: it's not used anywhere.

Interested in a couple of +1/-1 before starting this work.

--
Guillaume