[hibernate-dev] hiberate-commons-annotations and locating annotations

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 29 16:04:49 EDT 2013

So actually what happens is that the XProperty is from the superclass.

This goes back to SimpleValueBinder, and the attempt to hook
AttributeConverter resolution into that code.  Specifically in
org.hibernate.cfg.annotations.SimpleValueBinder#setType when we are
passed the XProperty.  Maybe this is not the correct place to tie in
this processing.  Or maybe using the passed XProperty is not the
correct thing to do.

All I know is that given an XProperty, I cannot find annotations that
are specific to the class being mapped in SimpleValueBinder and given
PropertyHolder I cannot search composite paths.