[hibernate-dev] [OGM] Precedence of options specified on different levels

Davide D'Alto davide at hibernate.org
Tue Dec 3 12:09:56 EST 2013

 If I understand correctly, What you are suggesting instead, it is to have
two different names for the same property (), defaultHost in the
persistence.xml and host in the API, this means that I have to know how to
call a property based on the place where I want to set it. This is
confusing for me.

If a a user sets the same property in two different places he will for sure
know that one value will override the other at some point. Why would he do
that otherwise?