[hibernate-dev] [Search] Spatial still experimental

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Mon Dec 16 02:32:41 EST 2013

When I used it, I was mostly fine with it. I had only a few remarks:

- we should add the support for miles. Only having kilometers was in
  retrospect wrong.
- spatial as a name is a bit fuzzy, should we change it? I tend to use
  geolocation maybe geoquery when I try to explain the notion.
- in the DSL should we rename onCoordinates with onCoordinatesField or
  even onSpatialField?
  The intend would be a bit clearer.
- I frequently makes the mistake of writing my spatial query without
  setting up the index. We might want to try and make that error message
  as descriptove as possible.
- Lucene 4 comes with the notion of spatial queries supporting shapes.
  We should experiment with the DSL to see if that notion can be safely
  added. (I think it does at least on the DSL side).

Emmanuel