[hibernate-dev] Hibernate ORM : master, metamodel, 4.3 and 5.0

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Dec 16 14:24:26 EST 2013

Just a quicks heads up about some work Gail and I will be doing in the
ORM repo today.  Mainly the time has come to transition (back) to 5.0
development.  We have submitted our passing JPA 2.1 TCK results to
Oracle, but are still awaiting response back from them; once we get
approval from them, I will be releasing 4.3 Final.

So the following concrete things will happen in the next few days:

1) I will create a 4.3 branch from the 4.3.0.CR2 tag.  I will use this
to re-tag 4.3.0.CR2 as-is as 4.3.0.Final (thanks Gail for the idea!).
After I get 4.3 Final released I will port all the changes between CR2
and master HEAD to this new 4.3 branch.

2) Gail will work on getting the metamodel branch rebased against
current master.  After the steps above are complete, we will (ff) merge
that work to master and push upstream.  At that point master will
represent 5.0 development.  We will drop metamodel branch.

Let us know any questions/concerns...